September 22, 2017  |  Home  |  Map & Directions  |  Contact
Marna E. Solarsh, Esq.
670 White Plains Road
Suite 121
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Phone (914) 725-7070
Fax (914) 725-7724
Email Marna >
Map & Directions >

Attorney Marna Solarsh understands first hand the mixed emotions and concerns parents have when their child with special needs turns 18. If you have a family member with disabilities who is approaching adulthood, you must carefully consider his or her level of functioning, and what types of supervision may be necessary for the future. Marna has many years of experience helping families choose the options that will ensure the well being and safety of a loved one with special needs:

Power of Attorney
Grants a person the power to make legal decisions and handle financial matters on behalf of a disabled individual.

Health Care Proxy
Grants a person the power to make health care decisions on behalf of a disabled individual.

Where more supervision is needed, New York provides for the appointment of a guardian for an individual with a disability. There are two types of guardianships, each authorized by different laws and administered by different courts:

  • If an individual is not capable of making any decisions, a guardian may be granted full and total control over the affairs of the individual.
  • If an individual can participate in decisions to some degree, there is a type of guardianship that is more limited and tailored to the needs of the specific individual.

Contact Marna today to arrange a consultation to determine whether a power of attorney, health care proxy, or guardianship is needed to protect your loved one with special needs.